Both ongoing use and structural defects cause a loss of load-bearing capacity in existing infrastructure components. In the preparation for the rehabilitation of pipes, sewers and structures, it is therefore necessary to assess or precisely determine whether the planned rehabilitation solutions are suitable for restoring the load-bearing capacity and serviceability. Depending on the rehabilitation procedure, this can already be derived from the regulations. However, especially in the case of major defects to the existing pipe fabric or in the case of special geometric shapes, it is necessary to carry out a structural analysis already in the planning phase.
The STEIN engineers have access to various structural analysis programs in order to be able to carry out structural verification for both simple and complex rehabilitation solutions. While the software EasyPipe from IngSoft is used for suitable problems, several software solutions also are available for the modelling by means of the finite element method.
The following tasks are routinely performed:
- Dimensioning of pipe cured-in-place liners
- Dimensioning of pipes for renovation processes with annular space
- Creation of grouting concepts for renovation processes with annular space
- Analysis/verification of elements and components for lining with pipe segments
- Verification of linings using GRP laminate.
- Investigation of the load bearing capacity of existing constructions
- Structural design
- Structural calculations for renovation procedures
- Structural design of reinforced concrete structures
- Pipe structural analyses
- Stability documentation for existing sewers and structures
- Reinforcement acceptance and site inspections
- Structural verification of rehabilitation techniques
- Dimensioning of rehabilitation systems or components
- Structural verification of jacking pipes and optimization of permissible jacking forces
- Structural analysis verification for pipe installation using liquid soil